Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone able to e-file K-1s yet for their 1040s? I'm still getting error message that it isn't ready, and I've updated several times today

chris2lane
Level 2

Intuit said the K-1s would be ready today, 2/21. But I'm having no luck getting rid of the error message with it

21 Comments 21
CAR702
Level 1

I am not able to file as well.

IRonMaN
Level 15

As the old saying goes, a watched pot never boils.  Maybe it will be later today, or maybe it will be tomorrow, or maybe it will even be Friday.  If you are an Intuit customer, one needs to acquire a lot of patience to remain a customer.

Slava Ukraini!
Liesal
Level 4

I have been waiting a week for the k1 form to be final.  I updated today feb 22 and it still has yellow box says not ready yet when i check status of forms it says ready.  Can an intuit personel check in and let us know what is going on. 

sjrcpa
Level 15

" I updated today feb 22"

Today is February 21.

"Can an intuit personel check in and let us know what is going on."

I suppose they could but it is not likely.

Ex-AllStar
IntuitGabi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, thanks for your patience. It's still projected to be released today. 

cpaele
Level 1

It's approaching evening on 2/21/2024 and the K-1 is not ready. That's really unacceptable and disgraceful.

BobKamman
Level 15

I always wonder what the competition is doing.  Isn't there some online chat group where practitioners with different software can compare notes?

Is this unacceptable and disgraceful for the client, or just for your convenience?  If the client is expecting a huge refund, they need to be educated on how to avoid overpayments.  If they have a balance due, do they really need to pay before April 15?  If so, they can always make a payment without filing the return.  I suspect it's more an issue of just wanting to cross another return off the list.  

Liesal
Level 4

I am having a good chuckle at your post.  WHile what you say is true. time is money for an accountant and everytime i have to open up file and check to see if intuit updated the forms that should have been final on a prior date( ie i am baby sitting intuit) and they are not... more time.  etc most of which i cant bill a client.  So as a paying intuit customer i think we deserve to be unhappy ...Will it do any good to be unhappy ... no sadly

cpaele
Level 1

I have a lot of returns to get out the door. Part of my job is "crossing items off the list" in a timely manner. March madness is coming soon enough before "April Insanity" appears. 

My tax program is supposed to be a tool to get my work completed accurately, efficiently, and timely. That the K-1 is not yet ready to file has nothing to do with whether or not a client has made appropriate estimated tax payments. That K-1s aren't ready on 2/21/2024 is ridiculous and inexcusable. 

The costs for the program are ever increasing. I pay dearly for such "convenience". Meanwhile, customer service has disappeared and the quality of the product is deficient. 

So yes, I do want to "cross items off my list". But it seems as if ProSeries is making my job more difficult.

BobKamman
Level 15

I quote Lee Iacocca here once a year.  If you can find a better software, buy it.  Tell everyone else about it, don't keep the good news to yourself.  

BradJones
Level 2

Liar

0 Cheers
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

I woke up about 3:30 am today and felt great.. thought i would see if the K-1 1040s were going through and found out they were.... so nice to clean up some loose items.  cleared up more than half of my open item returns.  Why is the board quiet at this time of the morning?  

taxiowa
Level 9
Level 9

I already lined up 18 to file in a few minutes.  I am surprised Ohio is just getting up.  Don't you have work to do?  Iowa has their own problems that we need to watch and override carefully.  But that fix is coming soon also.

Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

I knew when I went to sleep last night I was going to try and efile 1040 K-1s in the morning so maybe my internal clock woke me up early, knowing I wanted to efile these return.  I can't tell you how good it feels to get those returns filed, and already accepted. 

I have a full day of work lined up.. about 20 clients to see today including some guy with 10 rental properties!  I hope he has a summay sheet for each property already laid out.  My first appointment is as 7:30 am.  It is now 4:40 am..  Do you think it would be OK if I call my 7:30 apppointment now and see if they can move our appointment up to 5 am?

You might be starting work at 4:40 am but I'm still at work!

Have a great Thursday, Jim!  One way to guarantee that is to NOT call your client just yet.

taxiowa
Level 9
Level 9

I am still debating whether to file the backlog.  My clients don't care and they already have copies and paid me so I can file them anytime.  I think I am over 40% done after this week based on past years so that is promising.  Been telling them no more appts till after March 1st now.  But dropoffs are still rolling in.  Covid changed alot of peoples attitudes in how to file taxes. 

Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

It is now 4:46 am.. I have about two and a half hours to go to my first appt!.  I could have gotten at least seven returns done in that time until 7:30 am that I should have booked clients in instead of the late hour of 7:30 am.  not sure why I didn't book any clients for 5 am today.  oh well.. I am going to lift some weights now and check back in a bit. have a great day everyone. wake up.. a new day of tax prep is here!

You know whose attitudes it changed?  It was the guy down the block.  Not the guy 5 counties away or in other states.  They were already emailing, faxing, or mailing in their info.  When I had to tell the guy down the block that he had to drop it off in the mail slot, mail, or electronically transmit their info, they didn't know how or want to do that, still preferring to meet in person.

Now that we are a few years removed from that, the in person appts have picked back up but nowhere close to where they were.  I have adapted to it, and I think I like it better.

Jim, wake up?  In my case, I'm about ready to call it a night.

Judy A
Level 3

EXACTLY

0 Cheers
Judy A
Level 3

It's ready. the update came thru......file away.