Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alabama form 40

cmb2106
Level 2

Alabama form 40 will not print.  Forms were final 01/24/2022 but no update is available.  Any idea when we can update and print

28 Comments 28
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Seen several complaints like this for state returns, I think I saw others download the Tool Hub and use Repair Updates to fix it.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/system-responses/help/fix-common-problems-and-errors-with-th...

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
cmb2106
Level 2

I will try that.  Thank you

0 Cheers
datafocustax
Level 3

I have installed the Tool Hub, ran multiple updates and repairs and nothing is working!  This needs to be fixed asap!!

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

The only other thing you could try would be to uninstall and reinstall the AL state module.   I know IL had to do that last year when the watermark wouldnt go away.

Use Windows Add/Remove Programs.

Find ProSeries 2021 in the list, click Uninstall    A window will pop up warning you that youre uninstalling the whole program, youre not, so don't panic, once you continue, a new window opens with choices of what to uninstall, choose AL and continue.

Once its done, reboot the computer then open PS2021, use Updates > Select and Download New Products and check the AL box again to reinstall.

0 Cheers
hankinstax
Level 5

The problem is not in your computer and/or the installation.  The problem is with Intuit.  I asked for my support call to be "elevated" this morning and twenty minutes later I am still waiting on a call back.  The problem is with multiple states and is a habitual shortcoming of ProSeries.  I am going to keep pushing this today until I get what I feel is an honest answer.  Make sure that next year I will not have this problem because at 70+ years of age, I am going to force myself to learn a new program.  I will keep the community posted.

datafocustax
Level 3

Thanks but that did not work either!

0 Cheers
ssmith
Level 1

Thank you for pushing to get this resolved.  

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Thats all I got, sorry!

0 Cheers
EmilyTax
Level 2

I also have the same issue. After speaking with customer service, they said that forms will not be final until the update on 2/3. I find this completely unacceptable. These first few returns are simple with some having only one W2. The IRS is telling everyone to file ASAP and we are sitting still until they update a simple form. 

For the price of this program, its worth looking around with issues like this. 

datafocustax
Level 3

I agree...totally unacceptable!  

0 Cheers
hankinstax
Level 5

ProSeries is now stating Alabama, and many other State returns, will not be final until an update on 2/3.  This is totally unacceptable.  Every other program, including Turbotax, is up and running.  I am trying to elevate my issue/disgust is elevated to the highest level I can reach at Intuit.  Suggest you all do the same.

maxie
Level 3

Thank you for contacting support for all of us left out in the cold in Alabama. 

mstrommer
Level 2

I agree with you..on this matter.  The price of this program goes up every year and every year there are more problems off the bat and support is the pits!!! There has to be another program to try...I am stuck with no updates of any kind, no task scheduler and no letters.  We are held up on Failed Validation Error 54, which isn't allowing us to e-file a State of Arkansas individual return consisting with only 1 W-2. Support told me this Error 54 is effecting some other states as well. 

Very frustrated in NE Arkansas.

0 Cheers
datafocustax
Level 3

PS now says they realize this is an issue with "more than one account" and have opened an investigation. 

Beyond frustrating.

mstrommer
Level 2

PS and Customer Support is blowing in the wind!!!  I was told 3 days ago, Tech support was aware of this Error 54 with multi states and had the investigation open.  I agreed to email updates along the way of this disaster and I haven't seen a single one!!!!

Very Much Frustrated in Arkansas.

0 Cheers
datafocustax
Level 3

Conversation with ProSeries this morning: this decision is coming from within ProSeries, not from Alabama.

Conversation with AL Dept of Revenue: they have the email correspondence with Intuit where approval was given to print all forms. Final forms may be printed with no watermark, forms that are not finalized (the Form 2210 being the only non-finalized form at this point) must print with a watermark that says DO NOT FILE. 

ProSeries is quite simply screwing all of us who have paid thousands for this product.

hankinstax
Level 5

ProSeries now says forms will not print until update on 2/17, but also say even this is not written in stone.  The problem is on their end, not AL DOR.  Totally unacceptable.

sbolen
Level 2

So frustrating! Why does this seem to be an issue every year? 

0 Cheers
maxie
Level 3

This is unacceptable. We pay this much money for software that doesn't work. I could be more productive with another software. 

0 Cheers
datafocustax
Level 3

Latest "response" from ProSeries is for us to watch this forum for updates and/or work arounds to the issue, they just simply haven't had the time to finish development of this season's software!!!

And they hung up on me when I asked if they were aware that this issue was causing myself and others to plan a switch to other software after this season 😞

No excuse.......

0 Cheers
EDDIE
Level 4

I talked with a smart person this morning who said she understands our frustration, she also said the ONLY form holding Alabama is the 2210. I am not a support genius but why why why can't we print the ones without 2210? A complete joke!

0 Cheers
datafocustax
Level 3

Anyone notice that the Alabama forms are printing today?????

0 Cheers
EmilyTax
Level 2

As of about 30 min ago (after Ive updated for about the 8th time today), it was still not printing for me. Now, if someone has a work around PLEASE let us know!! 🙂

mphillips1994
Level 3

Yes!! All of the complaining must have helped.

0 Cheers
mphillips1994
Level 3

I just restarted Proseries to get the update and it is now printing Alabama.

0 Cheers
EmilyTax
Level 2

I just updated (again) and it seems to be working. 9th update was the charm!!

0 Cheers
EDDIE
Level 4

YES I GUESS IT DID

0 Cheers
Greg Cook
Level 1

This may signal the end of a 33 year relationship with Lacerte. I cannot operate my firm with this issue on February 25th. We have 645 returns that we cannot print client "keep copies".

0 Cheers