We know things can break sometimes, but we’re here to help. Use this article to get to the ProSeries Tool Hub. That’s where you can get any tool we have to help fix ProSeries issues. Follow the steps in this article for these errors and issues:
- ProSeries Desktop Alerts
- Repair updates
- Mapped Drive tool
- Component Repair tool
- Backup Utility
- Networking errors
- Repair damaged or corrupted data
Step 2: Use the tools on the ProSeries Tool Hub
The hub is a launchpad for the tools you’ll use to fix your issue. Each tab has a set of tools for addressing different types of problems:
- New: Select Alerts to view the feed of ProSeries Desktop Alerts. These notifications will provide critical information such as IRS alerts affecting filing, systems outages, etc. You will continue to receive program specific notifications via in-product alerts.
- Select the Update Issues tab if you’re having issues preventing you from updating ProSeries successfully. This will open the Repair Updates tool. If you need additional assistance, select Help on the Update Issues tab.
- Select the Network Issues tab if you’re having problems with network drives during a network install or network file access.
- Select the Program Problems tab if you notice performance issues, or problems opening the program. The Component Repair Tool fixes problems with system components that the program relies on to operate correctly.
- Select the Migration Help tab if you need assistance migrating your ProSeries files to a new computer. It helps create a backup copy for you.
- Select Corruption Repair tab if you need assistance resolving errors opening tax returns in ProSeries 2020.
- This tool will only repair corrupted files with Error Code 3.
- Select the Support tab if you need to get additional help, to update the application, or report an issue with ProSeries Tool Hub.
If the tool from the tool hub isn’t installed, it'll automatically download it in the background. It can take 2-3 minutes to complete. If you close out of the install, the tool may not run.
View new features for the Tools Hub by clicking What's New in the tool.
Help improve our tools by providing feedback through the survey links in the ProSeries Tools Hub.