Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8915F

lyndaj0331
Level 4

The 8915F is finally available.  But, it is totally different than the previous versions.  I do not understand how to fill it out.  It says to fill out lines 12-15 and 23-26; however, line 12 says you need to fill out the worksheet first.  I can't find the worksheets.  At the very beginning of the form Line D says to check the box if the disaster was the Coronavirus; but you can't check the box.  It feels like another form needs to be filled out to populate this form.  Is that correct?  Why did they have to make it so difficult?  This should be simple like the 8915E.  I would appreciate any help or insight.  Thank you.

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
MonicaG
Level 4

This is very poorly explained by the program in my opinion. You will need to go to the 8915-E line 12 and fill in the amount from your 2020 8915-E line 9. Once you enter that it will calculate on 8915-F. Good luck! 

View solution in original post

7 Comments 7
Elmo
Level 2

You have to enter the amounts into the 8915E first and this form then performs the carryover to the 8915F. Or delete the account if not started and transfer the client from 2020 to 2021 and this complete then necessary forms.

MonicaG
Level 4

This is very poorly explained by the program in my opinion. You will need to go to the 8915-E line 12 and fill in the amount from your 2020 8915-E line 9. Once you enter that it will calculate on 8915-F. Good luck! 

lyndaj0331
Level 4

That works - thank you so very much.  I agree - very poorly explained.

IntuitGabi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Here's an article with more information about Form 8915.
Hope it helps!! 

0 Cheers
roniswindell
Level 3

Poorly explained is right.  I could hardly discern that the point was that 8915E was going to flow to 8915F.  When I finally did, the instructions for manually inputting when the file transfer had been done before 2-22 did not work, and I finally had to delete file and start over with the amounts carried forward, even though the entire return had been completed except for this item!  Please, Intuit, have a better method in place for next year when we have to do year 3 of the Covid distributions.  Even the Query instructions are too late for 2021 and impossible.  No one has time for this right now.

Koko54
Level 1

I tried the very same method, and it transfers onto Form 8915-F

0 Cheers
BM1
Level 1

This actually worked!  Thank you MonicaG!