Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2210 -F

jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

I have been following the discussion's about the 2210 not being ready until March 17. Overnight it dawned on me that perhaps I should check the status of the 2210-F for all of the farmers who ARE MARCH 1 FILERS.

2210 F.jpg

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I am completely clueless about this so I am probably wrong ... but if they file by March 1st, do they need 2210-F?

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I am completely clueless about this so I am probably wrong ... but if they file by March 1st, do they need 2210-F?

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I think you still need to check the Farmers/Fisherman box (been a few years for me to have one of these) and put that Mar 1 date on it, but if its not final, its not going to pick that up.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

TaxGuyBill you are correct - I checked back to 2020 and the form doesn't print with the return, so presumably is not in the file sent to the IRS for filing. You do have to fill it out (if tax is owed) and enter the date to be paid, in order to have no penalty calculated. It looks like it is actually ok, as it says "not efile ready until march 17" but it does appear that the form is ready and working. 

I was messed up, as I Knew that you had to fill it out and enter the date, just didn't remember that it didn't need to be part of the transmission.