Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

14039 clarification

taxes96786
Level 9

I need to report a fraud 2021 return filed using client's #1 dependent. Section C wants Name and contact information for victim. Do I enter the primary taxpayer info or the info of dependent who's SSN was fraudently used? I just want to be sure I am submitting the correct information.

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
dkh
Level 15

For the record I've never completed Form 14039 - but from looking at the form you'll want the dependent's name in Section C.   For Section A - you've checked box 3 - correct?   

I'm curious, how do you know there was a fraudulent return filed using the dependent's SS# ?     

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
dkh
Level 15

For the record I've never completed Form 14039 - but from looking at the form you'll want the dependent's name in Section C.   For Section A - you've checked box 3 - correct?   

I'm curious, how do you know there was a fraudulent return filed using the dependent's SS# ?     

taxes96786
Level 9

2021 efile was rejected because dependent SSN was used to file a return. Dependent, 18 years, did not file a return.

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

No chance that 18yr old used IRS Non-filer tool to get the EIP ??