Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5701 C Notice

JDVtaxes
Level 3

Has anyone had a client(s) who have successfully reached the IRS by phone - either the Taxpayer Advocate's office or the number on the 5701C notice?

I have a client who has been trying to resolve their 5701C notice since April.

They entered all of the requested information online, and then were instructed to call a particular number.

And as many of you know, there is no answer or opportunity to leave a message.

There are 2 Taxpayer Advocate offices near them, but neither of them can be reached either.

Has anyone out there had any luck getting their clients through this mess?

Thanks in advance,

John

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dkh
Level 15

I have a couple clients with the Identity verification letters and no they could not get through on the phone.

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
PATAX
Level 15

Is it 5701C or did you mean 5071C? If the latter, then yes accountants have had clients that received this, including one of my clients. They went online and jumped through all the hoops to establish their identity, and then the refund was sent. They had to set up passwords and register and so forth and then they had to send them a picture of their driver's license, and then take a picture of themselves and send it to the IRS over the computer. Hope this helps.

dkh
Level 15

I have a couple clients with the Identity verification letters and no they could not get through on the phone.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I believe the last documented case of someone reaching the IRS by phone was October 12, 1998.

Slava Ukraini!