Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1099-NEC with withholding for NJ S-corp

ejdtaxman
Level 7

Had this situation come up that I've never seen before. An S-corp client of mine has a 1099-NEC with NJ withholding. I cannot find anywhere to put this in the CBT-100S. 

The payments worksheet only allows for estimated payments, 2021 refund applied to 2022, and extension payments. CA has form 592B and I would have thought NJ had something similar, but I just cannot find it. I called Intuit support and they had no idea. Hoping another practitioner has dealt with this and can provide some guidance. 

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
Accountant-Man
Level 13

Did the S corp (or its shareholder/employee) perform services for the 1099-NEC issuer and refuse to provide an EIN or SSN?

And is the issuer in another state?

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
ejdtaxman
Level 7

Yes, the payer has the EIN and it is on the 1099NEC. 

The payer address is in CA. 

0 Cheers
Accountant-Man
Level 13

The payer shouldn't have issued NEC. Was the work done in CA?

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
0 Cheers
ejdtaxman
Level 7

That's exactly what I thought, there was no reason for backup withholding since they had the EIN. 

I believe the work was done in CA, but I'm not sure. I can ask her, but I'm not sure this would impact the present situation in any way? Am I missing something? I don't care as much about the solving the mystery of why it was withheld or whether it should have been, as much as how to account for it on the return now that it was already withheld. 

0 Cheers
dennis-e
Level 1

Did you find a resolution to this? I have the same problem, & had it in 2021 as well. On the 2021 return, I tried inputting the withholding tax as an estimated tax payment, but NJ has not given the corporation credit for it. I am currently disputing it with NJ division of taxation, but I would think there has to be a way to report the withholding so that the corporation gets credit for it. 

0 Cheers