Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1095A 8962

Tentman
Level 3

My client's return was rejected for not having a 1095A and form 8962.  The client had a 1095A for 2020, but not for 2021.  The client had insurance through a market place exchange in 2020, but, through an employer in 2021.  After the return rejected, I added a 1095A with no data, and a form 8962, the return rejected again.  Can someone please help me find a way around this?

Thanks in advance.

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
The-Tax-Lady
Level 9

The return usually does not reject for that reason. The IRS usually stops the processing after the return is accepted when the 1095A info is missing. Maybe it's a new Proseries procedure.

Try deleting the 1095A from the return, right click on forms in use list and delete.

0 Cheers
Camp1040
Level 10

Your client needs to call the marketplace, because he had insurance for some part of the year in 2021.Once he calls and gets the statement he will tell you I didn't think only 1 month would matter.

No matter how much he insists he didn't have it, 99.9999% he did.

Camp1040
Level 10

The returns absolutely reject for not having a 1095-A attached with the PTC if the marketplace has reported to the IRS that TP has insurance.

0 Cheers
The-Tax-Lady
Level 9

I've had clients forget about the 1095A, but it never caused the return to reject e-filing. They only remembered when the refund didn't show up or the IRS notice did.

0 Cheers
Camp1040
Level 10

Try it this year, probably an update. They almost reject imminently for that reason only.

I have had 3 so far this tax season.

Tentman
Level 3

Thank You

0 Cheers
The-Tax-Lady
Level 9

OK, good to know, thanks. IRS must have added that to the reject reasons, which is good. 

The clients never remember anything. 🙂

0 Cheers