Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1040 with Multiple States

GodFather
Level 8

When eFiling, does ProSeries automatically send a copy of each efiled state return to the state that requires it?  I've received two inquiries from clients (both of which filed multi-state returns) stating they received correspondence from their respective state, indicating they were required to provide a copy of the other states return.  I thought ProSeries did this automatically?  

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JRC
Level 8

No it does not.

At least for Wisconsin I have to Print, Scan and Attach a (PDF) copy of other state's returns to the Wisconsin return. If I do not an Error Message will require me to attach the other states return.

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
JRC
Level 8

No it does not.

At least for Wisconsin I have to Print, Scan and Attach a (PDF) copy of other state's returns to the Wisconsin return. If I do not an Error Message will require me to attach the other states return.

GodFather
Level 8

Thanks very much for the reply.  I have never received an error message.  I guess I was mistaken and from now on will scan a copy of the other state returns as needed.  

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

In my experience, when another state return is required to be attached, it tells you in the Review.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Accountant-Man
Level 13

You have to manually click the Review button and read it. It will tell you if you need to attach a PDF.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.