Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you help me fix error code 120?

TG69
Level 1
I can't open my client's return.
0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

Try running "repair updates" then reboot computer, and try again

TG69
Level 1

No It didn’t work. I installed the ProSeries Tool Hub and clicked on the Corruption Repair but I don’t have a file. I just don’t know what to do. I called ProSeries but was scolded for not saving the document and was told it was not ProSeries responsibility. 

0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

Try going to the directory, ProWin21 (or the year in question) Then go to the 21Data file, and see if you can find the client. If you find it double click on it, and it should open. In the future it is important to back up. 

IntuitGabi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Error code: 120 -unable to read client data. 
A noted solve for this error is to completely delete the clients data off of ProSeries and retransfer your clients data from the tax year 2020 program. You will have to reenter some data for tax year 2021. If you follow these steps, let us know if still receive the error. 

0 Cheers
no13
Level 2

This is not a fix.. Reentering all the depreciation schedules and information afer the return was efiled does not fix the problem.

How do we fix the file so we can open ??? 

sjrcpa
Level 15

How about restoring the file from a recent backup?

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
no13
Level 2

That did not work. File last backed up prior to extension deadline Oct 15th.. The file will not open and getting error code 120

0 Cheers
rcooley25
Level 11

There is a problem with that particular file. If you delete the return and reaenter it you can not file it since it has already been efiled but after doing this you can open up the account okay then this is what you transfer over to next year.

0 Cheers
no13
Level 2

I have tried everything listed below. can someone please help ???!!!

I have completely lost access to the file..

Error Code 120

0 Cheers