Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1031 Exchange where one rental exchanged for two new ones. Can I put all on same 8824?

Highlighted
Level 2

Cx did 1031 exchange through intermediary and I want to prepare 8824. I have reviewed the Proseries article "1040: Completing a Like-Kind Exchange of Business Property (1031 exchange)". Guidance works for me.

I just want to include the trade on one 8824, I think I can do this if the same type of property was relinquished and acquired. One rental home traded for two DST rental units.  Is that okay? Then I will create 4 new assets I believe.

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 15

Yes.  You need to attach a schedule detailing the necessary details property by property.  I do it in excel.

Former Chump... umm.... AllStar.
If a post answers your question, click on *Accept as solution* for future searches

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

I had a 1 for 4 back in 2017...thats how I did it. 

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Highlighted
Level 15

Yes.  You need to attach a schedule detailing the necessary details property by property.  I do it in excel.

Former Chump... umm.... AllStar.
If a post answers your question, click on *Accept as solution* for future searches

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 2

Great! That works! I appreciate it!!

0 Cheers