Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What must I do if I install ProSeries Network versión on a laptop that will be used remotely?

jeanmarc
Level 4

In addition to our office computers, I want to install Proseries on a laptop to work with clients who cannot come into our office.  Installation seems simple enough but how do I transfer those clients to the newtwork homebase. What other things should I know.  

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Comment 1
itonewbie
Level 15

You can RDP to a physical or virtual desktop without having to worry about your destination for client data files.  If you host your client data in the cloud, there're a number of solutions that allow you to mount it as a network drive, so that everyone is accessing the same set of data, whether in or out of office.  Either way, you may experience some performance issues, depending on your internet connections on both ends, bandwidth, and system resources.  The former, however, would probably be easier to set up.

Hopefully, others with relevant experience in PS would come by and give you more pointed suggestions.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar