Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received Intuit Link from my Accountant. Site tells me to get an invite from Accountant

vjdudley
Level 1

I'm a client of our accountant who sent me an Intuit Link email. When I click on it, it asks me to either sign up for an Intuit account or to log in. I already have an account that was signed up with Mint.com, and so I provide that credential.

Once logged in, the page still tells me:

Hello there!
You've found Intuit Link.

As a taxpayer, you’ll be able to easily gather and share your tax documents with your accountant. But first, you’ll need to ask your accountant to invite you.

If you’ve already been invited by your accountant, then sign out and sign in with the email address your accountant used to invite you.

It also shows the username I'm logged in with.

I have signed out and signed back in to not available. The email address I sign in with is what was sent to by the Intuit Link invite.

I do see at the upper-right corner that Tax Years for more than 5 years are shown. I'm unable to proceed, and I wanted to reach out to here first before I ask my accountant to look into this issue.

Anybody know what's going on? Thank you for any guidance you can provide.
0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
George4Tacks
Level 15

Talk with your accountant. They can contact support, if needed. This site is for the professionals, not for the clients. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

As noted, we are end users and not customer support. I found this article:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/form-w-2/clients-use-intuit-link-send-reque...

And this user topic:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/client-with-existing-in...

That sort of explain username vs email vs link ID. Hope that helps.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had the same issue for the last 4 years. My accountant has tried contacting Intuit, I have tried but no use.   I just do it manually as Intuit is no help.

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

Well, here we are, a year later, and we know Mint isn't part of the problem...

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.