Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRS Reject Notice F1040-034-087

Mark_19
Level 2

Several days ago, on January 30, 2023, I e-filed a 2021 tax return and received this rejection error:

Error message: Form 1040, 'WithholdingTaxAmt' must be equal to the sum of the following: [(1) all 'WithholdingAmt' in [OtherWithholdingStatement] and (2) all Forms W-2, 'WithholdingAmt' and (3) all Forms W-2G, 'FederalIncomeTaxWithheldAmt' and (4) Form 8959, 'AddlMedcrRRTTaxWithholdingAmt' and (5) 'TotalAmt' in [BackupWhSchedulesK1Statement] and (6) all Forms RRB 1042-S, 'FederalIncomeTaxWithheldAmt' and (7) all Forms SSA 1042-S, ('NetTaxWithheldAmt' if it has a non-zero value, otherwise 'FederalIncomeTaxWithheldAmt')] unless Form 8958 is present in the return. When evaluating this, a tolerance of $5.00 is allowed.
Solution: This electronic filing reject is the result of a change needed for updated IRS requirements. This reject will be addressed in the latest release. Please update the program and re-transmit the return.
Code: F1040-034-07

I checked all the withholding amounts in the tax return against the client's wage and income transcripts. Everything matches. Any ideas how to solve this error?

Thanks

Mark

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JMP
Level 3

As of yesterday February 1, this issue is resolved. (I had this issue on two returns. I resubmitted them and they were accepted.)

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
sjrcpa
Level 15

https://accountants.intuit.com/community/proconnect-tax-news-updates/discussion/investigating-reject...

It's an IRS thing. Happening to users of all software.

Ex-AllStar
mmts
Level 3

Got the same error on a 2021 return and a 2022 amended return. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

JMP
Level 3

As of yesterday February 1, this issue is resolved. (I had this issue on two returns. I resubmitted them and they were accepted.)

mmts
Level 3

I can confirm that the reject has been resolved.

0 Cheers