Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filing status

mjsspinelli
Level 2

My client got married in 2023 and I need to change the filing status from Single to MFJ.  Can I do this in the existing return or do I have to create a new return?  There doesn’t seem to be a choice to change when I open th

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

Portability has its limits.  ProConnect Tax is not fully compatible on tablets, although it works for the most part.  See this article for compatible browsers on computers: https://accountants.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/product-system-requirements/system-require...

I sometimes use it on my mobile devices but only to check on stuff (instead of working on returns).  This is how the input for filling status looks on Chrome.  All the options are available as you can see.

1000002974.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
itonewbie
Level 15

The 2022 return that was filed last year has been locked.  Since the change happened in 2023, you'd change that on the 2023 return.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
mjsspinelli
Level 2

In the 2023 return, when I choose the dropdown for filing status, the only option is Single and there is no option to choose MFJ.  Is there somewhere else to change this in the 2023 return?  

itonewbie
Level 15

Are you on the screen General > Client Information?

Still an AllStar
mjsspinelli
Level 2

I found the issue - I was on my ipad and then switched to my laptop and the options were there.  Thank you!

itonewbie
Level 15

Portability has its limits.  ProConnect Tax is not fully compatible on tablets, although it works for the most part.  See this article for compatible browsers on computers: https://accountants.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/product-system-requirements/system-require...

I sometimes use it on my mobile devices but only to check on stuff (instead of working on returns).  This is how the input for filling status looks on Chrome.  All the options are available as you can see.

1000002974.png

Still an AllStar