Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How revolve Intuit Link. Eng Letter alert? "We couldn't save your changes because your letter includes unsupported special characters. We only support ASCII characters."

mlcpa
Level 3
I tried to update the date only and I kept the rest of the text the same as the previous year. I retyped the letter from scratch, I tried copying and pasting from Word or Note, nothing works.
5 Comments 5
khcpa12
Level 2

I'm having the same issue.  Have you received a resolution?

mlcpa
Level 3

Hello,

Do not use " " // htpps:// - and similar.

I hope it will help you.

Mario

khcpa12
Level 2

Thank you for the insight. I was able to successfully update the engagement letter for 2023 without receiving the error with the following changes.

I was able to type '  and " but not copy from word and paste

other symbols that were ok to copy and paste include .,:();/-

helens4200
Level 1

I finally called in and was told my engagement letter was too long and that is what is causing the error.  With that, the individual could not tell me the max number of characters allowed.  Not off to a great start!

Joss
Level 2

I found this site where you can check for Non-ASCII Character in the text. Sometimes is due to certain font, so you may need to retype it. It is very helpful. https://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~markm/ascii.html

0 Cheers