Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to lock the return after manual unlock in PTO?

LoveTax
Level 3

Is it possible to manually lock the return after manual "unlock return" was clicked in PTO?

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

May be some time in the future, yes.  But as it stands, I'm afraid the answer is no.  This feature is currently available only to e-filed returns.  And you can't relock an unlocked return.

The program will automatically lock the return after you e-file the main form. Extensions and paper filed returns can't be locked at this time.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/electronic-filing/help/how-to-lock-and-unlock-returns-in-pro...

Edit: You can't relock an unlocked return per se.  But you did have an option to create a locked copy of the return when you unlocked it; if you didn't use that option, your return is forever unlocked - probably until you use it to file an amended return.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
itonewbie
Level 15

May be some time in the future, yes.  But as it stands, I'm afraid the answer is no.  This feature is currently available only to e-filed returns.  And you can't relock an unlocked return.

The program will automatically lock the return after you e-file the main form. Extensions and paper filed returns can't be locked at this time.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/electronic-filing/help/how-to-lock-and-unlock-returns-in-pro...

Edit: You can't relock an unlocked return per se.  But you did have an option to create a locked copy of the return when you unlocked it; if you didn't use that option, your return is forever unlocked - probably until you use it to file an amended return.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

Obi-Wan - time to fire up the DeLorean?

Slava Ukraini!
itonewbie
Level 15

Jedi need no DeLorean.  But I wouldn't mind the Millennium Falcon. 🤣

Still an AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

But I'm guessing the DeLorean has less miles on it.

Slava Ukraini!
cathy7
Level 1

That's crazy

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

@cathy7 welcome to a "support" site that is run out of a loonie bin of USERS - Not Employees. For the inmates to keep their sanity, they often do banter. Please keep a sense of humor. It is needed in this profession. 

Hopefully you found the very solid answer that was here useful. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns