LoveTax
Level 3

Is it possible to manually lock the return after manual "unlock return" was clicked in PTO?

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

May be some time in the future, yes.  But as it stands, I'm afraid the answer is no.  This feature is currently available only to e-filed returns.  And you can't relock an unlocked return.

The program will automatically lock the return after you e-file the main form. Extensions and paper filed returns can't be locked at this time.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/electronic-filing/help/how-to-lock-and-unlock-returns-in-pro...

Edit: You can't relock an unlocked return per se.  But you did have an option to create a locked copy of the return when you unlocked it; if you didn't use that option, your return is forever unlocked - probably until you use it to file an amended return.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

IRonMaN
Level 15

Obi-Wan - time to fire up the DeLorean?

Slava Ukraini!
itonewbie
Level 15

Jedi need no DeLorean.  But I wouldn't mind the Millennium Falcon. 🤣

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

But I'm guessing the DeLorean has less miles on it.

Slava Ukraini!
cathy7
Level 1

That's crazy

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

@cathy7 welcome to a "support" site that is run out of a loonie bin of USERS - Not Employees. For the inmates to keep their sanity, they often do banter. Please keep a sense of humor. It is needed in this profession. 

Hopefully you found the very solid answer that was here useful. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns