Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am efiling amended 1040-X and CA 540 with Sch X. I have checked the amended boxes on the profile screen. It is not allowing to efile the amended CA. Any suggestions?

MEP tax online
Level 2
When I try to efile, ProConnect tells me to do the following:  Complete these two steps to E-File Amendments:
On the Profile screen check the boxes in the E-FILE column for each desired agency in the Amendments filing section.
On the Input Return screen find the amendment form(s) and designate each desired tax return as an amendment.

I have done both of the two steps, but it is not allowing me to efile CA.  
8 Comments 8
IntuitRebecca

Hi there,

Make sure you still have the boxes checked for the "General", or main returns, checked as well:

2022-06-13_15-05-14.png

Let me know if this doesn't resolve your issue. 

- Rebecca

0 Cheers
tucci1965
Level 1

I am having the same problem in March 2023..... any resolution with this issue?

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Welcome to the Community, @tucci1965.  It helps to know what the diagnostic message is.  Please come back with more info and someone may just be able to help you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
KatCPA
Level 1

Form 1040: Form 1040-X is included in this return. This return must be e-filed as an amended return. Please use E-file Amendment options in the File Return.

I am getting this message when I select to e-file the CA amended/superceded return. The 1040X is ready to e-file but the CA return is the one with the critical error.

0 Cheers
KatCPA
Level 1

click the box to ignore the message. I just did a chat and while weird, it worked and the CA return is now ready to e-file

meilinyu-cpa
Level 1

I just e-filed the Superseded Federal 1040, but I could not get the CA E-file to be checked for E-file.  Now the return is locked.  What can I do now?  There is additional $95 due CA due to Corrected 1099-Div received after original return was filed. 

0 Cheers
scstasoiski
Level 2

@KatCPA Thank you! Your suggestion resolved my issue.

wolfe1
Level 1

it did not resolve my issue, but thank you for trying

0 Cheers