MEP tax online
Level 2
When I try to efile, ProConnect tells me to do the following:  Complete these two steps to E-File Amendments:
On the Profile screen check the boxes in the E-FILE column for each desired agency in the Amendments filing section.
On the Input Return screen find the amendment form(s) and designate each desired tax return as an amendment.

I have done both of the two steps, but it is not allowing me to efile CA.  
IntuitRebecca

Hi there,

Make sure you still have the boxes checked for the "General", or main returns, checked as well:

2022-06-13_15-05-14.png

Let me know if this doesn't resolve your issue. 

- Rebecca

0 Cheers
tucci1965
Level 1

I am having the same problem in March 2023..... any resolution with this issue?

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Welcome to the Community, @tucci1965.  It helps to know what the diagnostic message is.  Please come back with more info and someone may just be able to help you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
KatCPA
Level 1

Form 1040: Form 1040-X is included in this return. This return must be e-filed as an amended return. Please use E-file Amendment options in the File Return.

I am getting this message when I select to e-file the CA amended/superceded return. The 1040X is ready to e-file but the CA return is the one with the critical error.

0 Cheers
KatCPA
Level 1

click the box to ignore the message. I just did a chat and while weird, it worked and the CA return is now ready to e-file

meilinyu-cpa
Level 1

I just e-filed the Superseded Federal 1040, but I could not get the CA E-file to be checked for E-file.  Now the return is locked.  What can I do now?  There is additional $95 due CA due to Corrected 1099-Div received after original return was filed. 

0 Cheers
scstasoiski
Level 2

@KatCPA Thank you! Your suggestion resolved my issue.

wolfe1
Level 1

it did not resolve my issue, but thank you for trying

0 Cheers