Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EFIN

JColeCares
Level 1

I just started using Proconnect for my tax business.  I applied for my EFIN however it is still processing and the IRS sees it has not been completed but is processing and should be done next week.  They also are behind that is why I am late getting it.  Intuit customer care had shared that Intuit will allow my few clients that have already done their taxes with me using the proconnect software would be allowed to go ahead and have their taxes filed.  Is this not true?  I am unsure what to tell my clients.  It is two clients that I don't want to lose or upset.  I gave them wrong information because I was told as long as I submitted the summary page of the IRS processing my EFIN they would grant me a grace period.  

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
itonewbie
Level 15

There is no grace period.  If you have not been issued an EFIN, you just can't e-file, period.  Nothing Intuit can do on that front either.

What Intuit meant is that you can still use ProConnect to prepare and print returns.  Practically, anyone can subscribe to ProConnect (Intuit will take their money all the same), just that only those with a valid EFIN can use it to e-file.

Assuming you are otherwise required to e-file, you are not supposed to be able to use waiting for the issuance of your EFIN as the reason to file on paper.  But your clients can always opt out of e-filing, if they so choose.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar