Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I didn't receive EFIN from IRS yet, and I purchased five returns, so what do I have to do.

hthahabi
Level 2

I didn't receive EFIN from IRS yet, and I purchased five returns, so what do I have to do. 

0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
abctax55
Level 15

Have to do...

1) with the IRS?

or

2) with Intuit?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
itonewbie
Level 15

In the meantime, you can prepare paper returns so long as you have a valid PTIN.

Once you receive your EFIN, follow the steps in this article to register the number with Intuit so that you can e-file: https://accountants.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/account-management/register-efin-proconnec...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
itonewbie
Level 15

You don't have to wait for the EFIN letter to arrive.  Your printout of the EFIN Application Summary from your IRS account is good enough.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
abctax55
Level 15

And if you do have that EFIN print out, you have to upload it Intuit to be able to efile.

( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

Unless, of course, those first five clients tell you that they don't like e-filing and want to go down to the Post Office and mail a paper return. That's assuming that you are going to prepare more than 10 returns.  If not, you can paper file 10 returns without an EFIN and without getting in hot water with the IRS.

Slava Ukraini!
itonewbie
Level 15

Good point, @IRonMaN.  Should have mentioned that.

Still an AllStar
abctax55
Level 15

It feels like there are three blind squirrels on this thread <w>

( Generic Comment )"
hthahabi
Level 2

Thank you 

hthahabi
Level 2

Thank you