Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Lacerte putting 12312022 on the Louisiana 2023 estimated payment vouchers for trusts?

Wanda S
Level 2

We had a trust client get a refund from the Louisiana Department of Revenue recently in the exact same amount of the first quarter estimated tax payment they made back in April for 2023. The check stub for the refund check indicated the tax period was 12/2022. When I looked at the estimated payment vouchers 2022 Lacerte Tax generated for 2023 (R-541ES), both the "filing period" and the barcode numbers on the bottom of the voucher had populated as 12312022. Therefore the payment was applied to 2022 by the State of Louisiana and refunded to the client. 

There does not appear to be any type of input field for this data. Therefore we had to use the Fillable form from the Louisiana Department of Revenue website to give the client CORRECT payment vouchers to use for the rest of the 2023 tax year.

Has anyone else had an issue with this? Did you find any solution to the problem?

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IntuitGabi

Happy to be of assistance, @abctax55 

@Wanda S Thanks for the report! This was addressed in last week's update, let me know if you're seeing the correct information. 
Click here for more  >> Downloading and installing Lacerte updates

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
Wanda S
Level 2

It was my understanding that Lacerte monitored these "discussions" but sadly there has been no reply.

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

I'm not sure where you got that 'understanding', but nope - Intuit/Lacerte doesn't monitor this place on a regular/consistent basis.  The volunteers (fellow software users), who do the heavy lifting but can't help with programing issues, are the only regulars here.

If you have a specific problem or issue, you have to call support.

I'll tag @IntuitGabi for you & she might respond.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
IntuitGabi

Thanks for the tag @abctax55 

@Wanda S I'll look into this and reply back when I learn more from my colleagues, thanks for the report. 

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

YVW.   Is it 'tag' or *nag* 😂

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
IntuitGabi

Happy to be of assistance, @abctax55 

@Wanda S Thanks for the report! This was addressed in last week's update, let me know if you're seeing the correct information. 
Click here for more  >> Downloading and installing Lacerte updates

0 Cheers
Wanda S
Level 2

Yes, it now generates the correct information. Thank you!