Lacerte releases several product updates throughout the year. There are few ways to download these updates:
- Downloading updates using the In-Product Lacerte Updates Utility.
- Use the Update Scheduler to schedule automatic downloads.
- Download updates using the Lacerte Web Setup Utility.
Download updates from within Lacerte:
- Open Lacerte to the Client List.
- From the Tools menu choose Lacerte Updates...
- If updates are available, you'll see a window containing a list of programs currently installed. Select Version Info to see what portion of the program is being updated. select Update to start downloading the updates.
- Once the update is complete select Yes to close Lacerte and install the updates.
- When the installation is complete, the program will automatically launch.
- If you have a standalone license, the program updates are now installed and your program is up to date.
- If you have a network license and you installed the program to a shared network path, the next time each workstation opens the program, they'll see a message prompting them to install the updates.
- If you have the network license and you installed the program standalone on each of the workstations, you'll need to repeat steps 1 - 4 above to update all of the workstations.
Schedule automatic update downloads with the Update Scheduler:
The Lacerte Update Scheduler is a way to automatically download updates from Lacerte. You can schedule a specific time for the program to download updates, and see the dates and times when the program found updates. For more information, see here.