Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax Pro Community is a #$@&% Joke -Not finding solutions easily

David10
Level 3

Dear Lacerte:

Your help websites and community is pretty much  bull **bleep** Users end up going in circles and not finding anything useful. SUGGESTION: Stop pawning users off in community forums to solve issues. Other users mean well, but are often just as clueless as I am. Why not use actual product developers whom are Intuit employees to help community ? 

Thanks,

D

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
itonewbie
Level 15

It's a fair comment that Intuit should stop pawning users off in community forums to solve issues.  However, it is not true that other users are often just as clueless.

Take a look at the number of questions that are solved and helpful votes that have been cast over the years.  Of course, if the question has to do with faults in the software, no one here will be able to help - although feasible workarounds do get shared, where possible.

If people have a question, often times, they do get solved - much more quickly and accurately here on this forum than with Support (sad to say).  Good that you haven't needed much help over these years but there are many many who do benefit from the help they get here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
BobKamman
Level 15

From what I can tell, your latest problem had little to do with preparing tax returns but involved the eSignature feature that had been tacked on to a QuickBooks feature that had been tacked on to Lacerte.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-discussions/discussion/complaints-about-email-invoic...

I don't know if subscribers have to pay extra for those, but if they're not free, then don't buy them.  If they're free, don't use them.  As you posted, you found a better way of doing it anyway.  

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@David10 wrote:

Why not use actual product developers whom are Intuit employees to help community ? 

Why would you want to talk to the product developers?  If they knew what what was going on, you probably wouldn't be having the problem in the first place.

qbteachmt
Level 15

This is a great peer user support community for Intuit professional tax products. You ought to frequent the QB forums, to see how Intuit staff answering there are extremely clueless about how to use the programs, and a lot fewer of the peer users know anything other than the support staff that frequents that forum. Bad ideas get propagated, and now the program updates reflect these errors.

This is called Crowd Sourcing; it's like the game of Telephone = the more something is passed on, the more it degrades and becomes meaningless.

At least here, you have a population of power users that know to stay current on what is supposed to happen and is willing to fight through the weaknesses of the software just to make that happen, and then share the solutions.

And you can search these forums by using a google search; not by using the search function provided at the top of these pages.

I had to transition from one older computer to another due to a failed Windows "quality update" and then the other computer froze yesterday. I wonder why Games never freeze, but our programs to do our work act up so often? I think Gaming programmers need to move to productivity tools, and the productivity programmers need to go back to Coding school.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.