Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REP access

GGK
Level 1

cannot REP 2021 returns 

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
Karl
Level 8
Level 8

Give them time.  I usually don't proforma all my clients until mid-January.  Intuit is still working the bugs out, and they may find & fix something that would necessitate you redoing the proforma, so don't make extra work for yourself.

I only proforma returns where I want to do some detailed tax planning calcs where the 2021 software is going to give me better data that the 2021 column of Lacerte Tax Planner.

Also, you can enter all 9's for the Taxpayer SSN (spouse doesn't matter) and it should process as a no-charge REP.

If you're still having issues, first restart your computer, then reinstall Lacerte (if not hosted), then call support.  Seriously, in that order.  Save yourself the time with the tech support rep walking you through those first two steps.  Good luck!

*If this (or another answer/reply) solves your problem, please click "Accept as Solution" to get this post out of the "Unanswered" queue of posts.*
0 Cheers