Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REP access charges

abelson6196
Level 1

I just wanted to find out why Lacerte charges REP access fees for a Florida 1040 since no Florida return will be filed.

Thanks,

Bill

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

Because you added it as a state, dismissed the popup that says you're going to get charged for the state, and then got REP access. 

If you don't need to file a state tax return, don't add a state.

I don't do any FL, but TX has no state income tax and there are still a couple folks I REP Texas for because they have to file franchise tax returns for single-member LLCs and it's easier to do it all in Lacerte than to go through WebFile.

George4Tacks
Level 15

Do NOT add FL as a state if no return is needed. For any income from that state use US as the state and for resident state you can use US or FL, I think. You will only be filing a 1040. 

If you have charged an REP for a return you did not need, contact support to reverse the charge.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/taxation/contact-lacerte-help/L4c6BR3CZ_US_...

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
abelson6196
Level 1

Thank you so much for the information.  I really appreciate it ad it will help. 

0 Cheers
abelson6196
Level 1

Thanks for the guidance.  I will contact customer support and use US for the state.  I only picked Florida since it seemed like I had to pick a state in order to view the return and see the diagnostics.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

If it is just curiosity, use for any type of return, use all 9s for the ID. There will be the REP process, but no charge. In order to actually file or print the return, you need to change the all 9s to a real SSN or EIN to finish the return.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers