Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I gain REP access if it keeps going back to the "No Access" window after I select "Transmit Now"?

Natalie
Level 2

I'm trying to get access to a client file in 2019 Lacerte.  Initially when I clicked on "Transmit Now," a window popped up that indicated the REP was locked.  I clicked to unlock it and was taken back out to the client list window.  I saw another discussion about a Kaspersky notification for "My Kaspersky" connection somehow interfering, but no resolution was posted.

All ideas at this point are welcome, as I have to get this return done, so we can move on and timely file the 2021 returns.

(Note I'm trying to post this, and "REP" is not allowed as a label, nor is "help."  Not sure what these labels are for if I can't put in the main reason for my post.)

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
George4Tacks
Level 15
0 Cheers
Natalie
Level 2

Thank you, George.  Before I try repairing the database, I wonder if it has something to do with the deprecation of IE.  A few months ago I had to take special steps to get 2018 to work, and I thought I made the suggested changes to 2019 and 2020 as well.  (Is there an easy way to check that)? 

The anti-virus suite apparently is not causing this problem.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Try the new Lacerte Tool Hub https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/fix-common-problems-and-errors-with-the-l...

Since you are having problems with an older program, I would use the FORCE reinstall of the program. That would HOPEFULLY correct any program issue. 

I assume you have done the REP unlock 

This MAY be a problem upstairs, https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-tax-discussions/discussion/rep-access/00/117561 seems to have never been resolved. 

I hate sneaky little Gremlins like this. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
Natalie
Level 2

Thank you, George.  I wasn't aware of the Hub Tool.  That seems to be useful, but unfortunately it didn't work in this instance.  I used the component repair tool, but it didn't fix the problem.  Then did a re-install of Lacerte 2019.  It's still not fixed.

Yes,clicked on the "REP unlock."  Like others who have posted, it just goes back to the client list.

0 Cheers
Natalie
Level 2

In case anyone else asks about this, the problem was Kaspersky.  It was deleting the commgr19.dll file.  This discussion, "Kaspersky deleting commgr20.dll and commgr19.dll Lacerte no contact with Lacerte," includes the solution.

sjrcpa
Level 15
0 Cheers