Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release the Louisiana IT-540-2D printing restriction! The state is accepting the e-filed returns...

BarrettCPA167
Level 1

Release the 2022 Louisiana IT-540-2D printing restriction! The state is accepting the e-filed returns out of Lacerte, but I can't print the forms to give a copy to my clients because of an arbitrary "printing restriction"...what a waste of everyone's time!

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
andrew
Level 3

Note for posterity: 

2/11/2023 - We, Louisiana Tax Preparers, are now able to print Individual tax returns with the "E-FILE ONLY" watermark.   Produces a critical error but can be bypassed to get the client copy and signature forms printed.  Corporations, Partnerships, and Estates/Trusts are not available and still listed as "Historically has been released within fifteen days of final version availability"

View solution in original post

17 Comments 17
andrew
Level 3

(BUMP)

Mississippi - Ready January 5, 2023

Alabama - Ready January 11, 2023

Arkansas - Ready January 5, 2023

Georgia - Ready January 19, 2023

Tennessee - Ready January 5, 2023

Why does it alway take Louisiana until the second week of February and we still don't have a ready date?   And this isn't just a 2022 tax season issue... this is every year for the past three years.   If this is a state issue, please let us know.   Louisiana Dept of Revenue tell us that on January 23rd e-filing is open and the individual tax return forms are available to print from their website.   It's disheartening to lose clients because Lacerte/Louisiana can't get it together.   

- a LOUISIANA tax accountant

BarrettCPA167
Level 1

Agreed. It's infuriating! We tested things on our end and can literally e-file the LA return and it gets accepted by the state (filing within Lacerte), BUT I can't print a copy of that return to give to my clients. Clearly the state is okay with the forms. Release the print restriction!

vr
Level 2

I have called support and emailed them too.  No help.  Even tried our account manager and he has not replied to my email or returned my call.  Come on Lacerte.  This is not acceptable.  For the last couple of years it has been the same thing.  Seems they would have someone working on this prior to tax season to make sure its up and running.  

lvp1973
Level 1

This is holding up the works for our office.  Why is Louisiana being picked on Lacerte?  This is how I feel

Same here! Can’t file Louisiana Individuals or Partnerships! Drake CAN Ultra Tax CAN and all the chains CAN!!! Lacerte if you are reading this, I will take my $14k elsewhere next year!!

richhjcpa
Level 1

Same Here!  And Lacerte Can't tell us anything or ETA.  Even the '[email address removed] ' <[email address removed] > doesn't seem to care.

Feel Like Lacerte "Intuit" wants us to go elsewhere so they can spend there resources to support TurboTax.

richhjcpa
Level 1

'OfficeofthePresident@Intuit' <removed>

0 Cheers
IntuitGabi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Under Forms Availability for LA IT-540-2D, it says "Historically has been released within fifteen days of final version availability". If LA published its final forms on Jan 23 of this year, 15 days marks this week. We should see approvals for this shortly. Thanks for your patience! 

The approval for e-filing and printed forms go through different processes.
It's common for states to block non-final forms for printing in the instance that they're sent in on accident. Each state agency has a timeline for approvals, so you might see a difference in forms availability depending on the client you're assisting in January and February. 
More information in this article: State requirements for printing draft forms from professional tax software

If you're interested in how the timeline works, I pulled some info from last years post: Forms Availability Frequently Asked Questions:
"Once forms are ready, our developers work to make sure the forms in the program are updated, including all related detail input, barcodes (when applicable), and form calculations that require adjustments.... in addition to any new business rules and updated schema formatting. The forms are then tested on our end for accuracy and sent to the IRS/State Agency where they undergo an approval process....they test the transmission of the data to verify it meets the e-file schema requirements." I hope this helps! 

0 Cheers
andrew
Level 3

Note for posterity: 

2/11/2023 - We, Louisiana Tax Preparers, are now able to print Individual tax returns with the "E-FILE ONLY" watermark.   Produces a critical error but can be bypassed to get the client copy and signature forms printed.  Corporations, Partnerships, and Estates/Trusts are not available and still listed as "Historically has been released within fifteen days of final version availability"

NuttyCPA
Level 1

Does anyone know if ProConnect  and/or ProSeries also can not view most Louisiana forms currently?

0 Cheers
andrew
Level 3

@IntuitGabi Do we have any timeline on the corporate and partnership returns for Louisiana.  We are 21 days from the filing deadline for these returns and we are unable to finish these out.  I checked the Form Availability and each say "Historically has been released within fifteen days of final version availability" but i'm looking for a better response to give my clients that have passthru K-1s that want to get their personal returns done.   

Appreciate your assistance. 

Caroline
Level 2

Another update just now and the LA returns are still not final!

0 Cheers
Caroline
Level 2

Another update and LA return is still not final. 

0 Cheers
Caroline
Level 2

Every tax preparer in Louisiana should be ready to dump Lacerte. 

0 Cheers
Caroline
Level 2

And, yet again, another update and still LA is efile only. 

0 Cheers
andrew
Level 3

Release came out late afternoon on March 9th (today) that removes all watermarks on returns.   Just in time for corporations and partnerships next week.  

Caroline
Level 2

Yup, just downloaded it, will wonders never cease...