Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release of Louisiana partnership and corporation returns late and causing issues

vr
Level 2

Again this year we are waiting on the release of Louisiana partnership and corporation returns.  Here we are with the federal deadline approaching and all I get is it will be release within 15 days of approval.  The federal return is due in almost 15 days.  I have reach out to other CPA's using other tax software who indicate they are filing returns and Louisiana forms are available.  Our clients are calling and inquiring about their returns.  Its a bad reflection on our firm for not getting these returns out timely.  It is not productive or cost effect to process the federal return then come back and process the state.  At minimal we should be able to print the state return even if it says DO NOT FILE on it.   At least we can get the returns out and maybe hold the consent forms until the form is released.   

0 Cheers
20 Comments 20
asitax15
Level 3

I agree and I have repeatedly emailed my "account manager" for answers, but apparently he can't find me any answers either.  This is ridiculous!!!  Prior years were always late too, but at least we could print the LA corporate returns by February 10th.  Now here we are on February 24th and still no forms!!! And NOTHING has changed on the forms.  Seriously?!?!?!?  So we have not finalized OR BILLED OUT for ONE S-Corp tax return.  This is completely unacceptable.  But apparently Lacerte does not care about us here in Louisiana.  I also agree, where is the watermark function?? Why can't we print it with a watermark to at least be able to give to client and give them an invoice???

andrew
Level 3

@vr and all.  

I complained about this exact thing yesterday.  I feel your pain and wish they would work harder for our state as they do others.  I honestly don't think that it is Louisiana's DOR that is causing this problem.   

I did check the status of Louisiana S-coropration and Partnerships (now required to file for all LA partnerships) and it is scheduled for final release on March 3rd.   fingers crossed.   

0 Cheers
grahamandassoc
Level 2

We have to file a paper copy of the Louisiana Form IT 565 and are not able to print it. Please update us on when this will be released deadline in 2 weeks! 

0 Cheers
asitax15
Level 3

Right there with you.  Every year they are late with LA corps but this year is ridiculous.  Don't know what the issue is but it is NOT the state.  I have colleagues here in town that are printing LA corps with other softwares.  And I assure you those softwares do not cost what Lacerte costs.  I have been with Lacerte for over 25 years, but I will be exploring options this off-season. Just ridiculous!

0 Cheers
andrew
Level 3

update released today with the forms for LA Corporate.   Check your downloads and you should be good to go.   

But i agree, this delay is outrageous.  Been with Lacerte for going on 23 years and these past few years have been crazy.  

0 Cheers
asitax15
Level 3

Yeah I actually got an update with the LA Corporate Friday afternoon, but still no LA Partnership or LA Fiduciary.  So we're partially there......  and oh, yeah, before Friday, I did lose 2 S-corp clients that were tired of me giving them the "delay speach" and picked up their information.  NOW, Lacerte has ventured into bad territory with me - whey they are causing me to lose clients simply because I can't hand them a printed return and invoice in a timely manner.

0 Cheers
vr
Level 2

Any feedback to when the Louisiana Partnerships or Fiduciary returns will be released?  My account rep has not replied and I have called support about 5 times with the same answer that the website says.  15 days after the state releases the forms.  We have 7 days before the federal returns are due.  Hoping someone has some answers out there.  Really frustrated with all this.

andrew
Level 3

Got a notification from the state that says that the partnership filing requirement for all partnerships is delayed until next year.   The requirement for partnerships with at least one non-LA partner or other requirements that would require LA Partnership returns to be filed is still active.   Just an FYI if it's not known.  

But i concur, got a few Fiduciarys chomping at my keester to get their returns done and all i can do is blame the state and the software.   

0 Cheers
Coachwife
Level 1

Spoke with Lacerte Tech support yesterday, March 14, 2022, about the matter.  The tech person doesn't show a problem on his side.  He sees form IT- 565 but mine shows IT- 565-SD and "DEV ID 1315" is on the FORM.  He recommended that I post here.  Really! I don't think the programmers really read these.  If so, the problem would have been resolved by now.

For the money that I pay for Lacerte, the forms should be available.  I called some competitors that use Ultra Tax and Pro Series and they are filing the IT-565.  How is it possible that Pro Series has the forms and not Lacerte.  Intuit owns both.

What is even worse, it I can't even file the Louisiana extension today; the program won't let me.

I think someone at Lacerte dropped the ball!

asitax15
Level 3

I have talked with them NUMEROUS times.  They have NO IDEA what they are doing.  I too have talked with colleagues that are processing and filing IT-565 returns for Louisiana and have been for a couple of weeks at least now.  This is just dumb and has cost me a few clients in the process that is tired of "waiting" on their returns and K-1's.  But Lacerte apparently DOES NOT CARE!!!  And they will not care when they raise the prices even more for the next tax season.  I used to believe in the saying, "you get what you pay for", but in Lacerte's case this is certainly not true.  They have dropped the ball big time on this and this is not the first time, but it will be the last for quite a few of us here in Louisiana.  But, again, I feel certain that they couldn't care less about us here.  Absolutely ridiculous Lacerte!!!!

0 Cheers
JMad
Level 3

It is March 22nd and the LA Partnership return is STILL not available.  This seems so unacceptable and yet we are at Intuit's mercy.

Has anyone been able to receive any firm guidance yet from Lacerte customer support regarding an estimated release date?  My calls to customer service have been an utter waste of time.  I told clients 15 days maximum back on March 2nd when Louisiana released the forms and those clients are becoming understand restless now.  How is this lack of timeliness and accountability acceptable in a professional setting?

Coachwife
Level 1

I feel your pain.  I was on the phone with tech support again on Monday and she stated that the programmers have not sent out any memo's regarding the status.  I am worried that some of my partnership clients are not going to return next year because they think that I am making this up.  I asked that Lacerte release a statement formally so I could provide that document to my clients.  It will never happen.

vr
Level 2

I called again on Monday.  The customer service person indicated possible 4/1 for the LA  partnerships available date.  No date was given for Fiduciary Returns.  It's been a nightmare keeping up with filing federal partnership returns, federal extension and holding the files because the LA returns are not available.  I have clients emailing me everyday wanting their return.  My excuse is I'm waiting on my software.   Well that gets a little old. We pay way to much for such a lag in service.  I don't think anyone at Lacerte is reading this, so I think it pointless.  My account rep barely responses and had the nerve to tell me Louisiana partnerships are due on 5/15.  I know the due dates, I've been in the business for 30+ years. I'm am extremely frustrated.

JMad
Level 3

looks like it is finally available in Proseries as of today.

asitax15
Level 3

Believe me, I too have been in contact with them for weeks about this.  We all know when the Due Date is.  That is NOT the issue - but for them to think that is the issue shows their stupidity.  Absolutely frustrating!  I have even lost some clients over this because they didn't want to wait on my software company!  If ProSeries does truly have the forms available now and we with Lacerte still do not then that is COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE AND UNFORGIVABLE!!  Are not ProSeries and Lacerte both the same Intuit company??  What is the deal??  How much more do they want us to pay to not get the professional service we should be getting??  I have asked over and over to hear from a "higher up" or a manager about this - and nothing but crickets.  But I bet about May or June I will receive my Renewal Invoice for 2022, which of course will be significantly higher than 2021.  I wonder if we will have the LA partnership forms by then???   Absolutely riduculous and unprofessional Lacerte!!

Ddwcpa22
Level 1

I'm Still waiting on the release of LA Form IT-565 from Proconnect....

Why is it taking so long?!   Can anyone print these forms yet??

0 Cheers
vr
Level 2

It's not available in Lacerte either.  I have no idea why its taking so long.  

0 Cheers
JMad
Level 3

it's available on Proseries as of Friday March 25th.

0 Cheers
asitax15
Level 3

Now here we are again in 2023 with the EXACT SAME ISSUE!!! Where are the forms???  Why are we waiting again?  The forms have not changed!  Almost every other state in the union's forms are available except Louisiana.  This is so unacceptable.  We have so many S-Corps and Partnership returns just sitting and waiting and then of course their owners' personal returns sitting and waiting on the K-1's.  What is the deal??  Every year!!! Enough is enough.

0 Cheers