Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clients using MAC are unable to open E-Organizers

JZ4031
Level 1

I am trying to take advantage of the E-Organizers this year however, i have run into a major snag.  My clients using Mac computers are unable to open the organizer unless they are using parallels. Or internet explorer.  Is this for real?  I cannot believe that intuit has not accounted for MAC users in creating the e-organizers.    Not to mention noone uses internet explorer. Can someone please help.  

Thank you!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
sjrcpa
Level 15

It is working as designed. The e-Organizers do not work on Macs.

I complained about this at the beginning of the eOrganzier launch. Apparently Intuit has no plans to change.

Ex-AllStar
itonewbie
Level 15

You can believe it.  Virtually all professional tax products are Windows-based, AFAIK (except, of course, those that are cloud-based).

If your client doesn't want to dual boot (and I don't think you can anyway if your client has the latest ARM-based Mac computers), your client could consider installing Windows as a guest within MacOS using VirtualBox.  The other alternative is to try Wine but it may not run properly or at all.

Otherwise, your only option is to revert to the trusted proforma PDF organizer or the less ideal (in my personal opinion anyway) Questionnaire/Documents Checklist in Intuit Link.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
JZ4031
Level 1

Thank you for your prompt reply.  Looks like I will stick to the ole trusted pdf organizer.    Too bad it can't be done in a fillable format.

I agree the intuit link is much less than ideal.  Tried it and ditched it.  Too much work.  

0 Cheers
BobKamman
Level 15

@JZ4031 

Or you could use the e-Organizer for your clients who aren't adherents to the Apple cult.  The percentage of MAC users is now about 10%, although with certain client lists I'm sure it's higher.  Do you want to tell 90% of your clients that they are being inconvenienced by a minority?  I can see this turning into a California ballot issue,  Prop 138: All software must be MAC compatible.  

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

But e-Organizers should really be used very judiciously even for clients who are not part of the Apple cult.  As we have discussed many times over, it should only be used with clients whom you know are meticulous and accurate with their input.  Otherwise, you could end up spending lots of time cleaning up nuance entries before the import and/or diagnosing problems in the returns caused by the importation of data that may not be so kosher - in some ways, that could be more painful than cleaning up incorrect returns prepared by inexperienced professionals.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers