Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2021 trust/estate estimated tax

jbbcpa
Level 2

I can't get the trust/estate estimated tax vouchers to print after overriding all 4 quarter amounts. The calcs show 2022 tax due but no estimates are being generated. Please help!

6 Comments 6

This is never intuitive.  Make sure the total tax due is input in the form, below the input for the 4 quarters.

I assume your estimate options are something other than Blank or Suppress. Screenshot 2023-01-17 140724.jpg

jbbcpa
Level 2

Thank you for your response. I did what you suggested and added the total tax below the filled in quarterly amounts. However, it still didn't work. Do you think it matters that the first 3 quarters have -1 (none) entries? Any other suggestions? 

Have you chosen an option to calculate the estimates such as 100% of prior year, etc?

Those 3 -1 entries should not matter.

Does the Q4 voucher equal the total tax you have entered?

sjrcpa
Level 15

And is there a dollar threshold for when estimates are required?

Ex. State requires estimates when estimated tax is $1,000 or more. If you want to pay $800 that will be ignored unless you tell Lacerte in the options to ignore the threshold.

Ex-AllStar
jbbcpa
Level 2

Thanks to everyone for your comments! I believe I had tried all the suggestions (option to calculate the estimates such as 100% of prior year, etc, the Q4 voucher equals the total tax, tell Lacerte in the options to ignore the threshold) but to no avail. Not sure what else to try, so I will print blank vouchers and use Adobe to fill in the amounts.

1. You are welcome

2.  I tried to produce estimates and couldn't.

3.  When the software doesn't help...aaargghhh.

4.  I wonder if the software didn't allow a Q4 estimate because you were trying to do it on January 16.  And although it was still one day prior to the due date, the software programmers didn't account for MLK day.

5. It isn't worth calling because they won't know.

0 Cheers