Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Organizer

taxgirlshannon
Level 2

Does anyone else have the prior year's California miscellaneous  itemized deductions amounts missing on the 2022 organizers (form 25 page 3).  Was hoping last update would fix, but no.

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
Karl
Level 8
Level 8

I don't usually generate organizers until January because of glitches, but I ran this client's to check for you.  I use the condensed organizer.  Mine seem to be populating, image below.

Capture.JPG

*If this (or another answer/reply) solves your problem, please click "Accept as Solution" to get this post out of the "Unanswered" queue of posts.*
taxgirlshannon
Level 2

Yes, it works on the Condensed, but not on the Complete

0 Cheers
Karl
Level 8
Level 8

Ah, okay, I ran a complete version.  I agree, that same data is not populating in the complete version for this client. I'd call Support to make sure they are aware of the glitch.

Unsolicited advice, so feel free to ignore.  🙂  I personally recommend the condensed version. I don't want clients transcribing their tax forms. Too much room for errors that require more think/prep/confirmation time on my end to make sure I don't have conflicting supporting docs. Also, the shorter the organizer, in my mind, the greater likelihood they'll look at it, use and complete it.

I also don't require organizers in my firm. Questionnaire is required, but I made that a Google Form separate from the organizer. Organizer is optional, I tell clients to use it if it's helpful as a reminder of what docs to give me, and only to list things on it that aren't already on a tax form they are giving me.

I'm sorry this didn't give you the answer/fix you were looking for.  Hopefully it's resolved soon!

*If this (or another answer/reply) solves your problem, please click "Accept as Solution" to get this post out of the "Unanswered" queue of posts.*
taxgirlshannon
Level 2

I agree with you, but have some clients that insist on the same old (complete) organizer.  they are seniors and I don't have the heart to make them change.  I do not have that many, and have converted most to Condensed as well.