Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using safe send for sending out organizers

htk9876
Level 1

Has anyone used safe send to send out the organizers?     There is a problem renaming the pdf file so it lists  for engagement letters rather than saying organizers.  Wonder what others have done as a work around?

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
CNLuntaxr
Level 2

I did it last year and this year. The only work around that I could manage was this:

Print all of the Engagement letters (only, no other forms) in Lacerte.  Be default, Lacerte names the files "Organizer Forms-XXXX". In the setup you can try to change the name to Engagement Letter_XXXX but you must change every single one as it progresses, it won't rename in a batch.  So let Lacerte prep all of the engagement letters and save them as it wants to.  Then after it finishes, manually edit all of the filenames in File Explorer.  (Note specifically that "Forms" is plural but "Letter" must not be, and the "-" changes to "_". Those details are critical.) Edit the first one, then highlight only "Engagement Letter_" and Ctrl-C to copy that, leaving the client number alone.  Then click on the next file, highlight "Organizer Forms-" and Ctrl-V to paste in the corrected name.  Repeat.  I'm sure someone with some programming experience could easily write a batch file that would automatically do this procedure. After these are all renamed, then you can print the rest of the Organizer and the default names are fine.

The next item that you'll discover soon is that SafeSend will send all clients in a batch first to either the Taxpayer or the Spouse.  You get to decide, but the decision applies to the whole batch.  The second person receives it only after the first one processes the Organizer. So I went back and sorted clients into separate Taxpayer First and Spouse First batches in the CSV summary worksheet.  Then you need to sort all of the organizer and engagement letter files into those same separate folders so that you can upload it properly.

0 Cheers
htk9876
Level 1

Hi!

Thank you for your response regarding sending batches out in Safe Send.       I found what worked for me is that I generated a generic engagement letter with what I had in Lacerte.  Than I converted it to a pdf file.    I than loaded that into Safe Send and than downloaded into the batch organizers under additional files to be signed.    This way it was added to each one in the batch file when they were sending out.   Still working on the signing order.  

0 Cheers