Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NYC Residents

nickvultaggio
Level 1

Anyone having an issue where the "NYC/Yonkers Resident" drop down is being changed to no between sending the return out and submission? We've had a few occasions where the drop down is being changed from "NYC Full year" to "No".  It seems to be an issue with the program, as there is nothing in the client log that shows the fields being changed. 

9 Comments 9
KellieW
Level 2

Yes...there is an issue with the program.  We found that the issue is happening when the return is printing/validating.  The box get unchecked.  Please make sure to double check the box prior to e-filing.  We had to go back and amend 8 returns because of this issue.

sjrcpa
Level 15

Several other people have reported this.

Intuit has been silent.

Ex-AllStar
TaxxLady
Level 2

I have seven clients who have been affected by this issue.  Lacerte still cannot give me a definitive answer and my clients have rec'd letters from NY requested proof of non residency.  Per Lacerte yesterday, they are working on it!

IntuitGabi

Yes, we are looking into this and working towards a resolution. Thanks! 

0 Cheers
TaxxLady
Level 2

A communication would have been appreciated!  Two days ago I spoke with Angel.  She confirmed there was no way to find out how this happened.  Hours on the phone with your support staff who did not have a response!  Hours during peak season that took me away from tax preparation and left me with no good answer to my clients!  Lacerte dropped the ball!!!  Very disappointed!

angelaremsen
Level 2

Yes, our firm is all too aware of this problem and we have been documenting the issue for well over one month. There has only been a single person @ Lacerte who has been remotely helpful with giving us updates. We are told this problem has affected over 30 firms yet no critical alerts have been issued as the problem "wasn't widespread enough." As a result of their radio silence, we are forced to deal with holding up many client returns or amending them due to this problem. Response from Lacerte and Intuit's high level management and support teams are lackluster at best and demonstrate total lack of accountability.  We are former ProSeries users and converted to Lacerte just this season. Complete disaster and a total fail on Lacerte's part.

0 Cheers
IntuitGabi

A fix for this is projected for later on today. 
We understand the inconvenience this has caused and welcome the feedback and comments you have. 

0 Cheers
angelaremsen
Level 2

Well...a fix it is not. Now there is both a NYS and a NYC problem. What is going on over there?

0 Cheers
LouScafidi
Level 2

This is a HUGE Cluster F$%# on Lacertes part. UNACCEPTABLE!

0 Cheers