Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NYC Resident Selection Reverts Back to Default "NO"

angelaremsen
Level 2

We have several returns with clients who are both NYS and NYC residents. They are each marked appropriately in the General Client Section in the New York Information portion. The county, school district name and number, along with the notation that they are full-year NYC residents are indicated.

The correct return prints to the Smart Vault and to DocuSign indicating NYC resident and the appropriate taxes are calculated.

However, the program randomly reverts back to marking the return and client as a Non-city resident. Accordingly, one return now requires amendment and we have others in the system that need to be watched.

Anyone ever experience this or other instances where the system randomly reverts fields back to the default choices?

8 Comments 8
taxhelpdjj
Level 1

We have the same issue.

0 Cheers
angelaremsen
Level 2

Thanks for commenting. We are new to Lacerte this year, our firm used Pro Series for many years. I'm surprised there has been no global announcement about the error to advise preparers of this issue. How did you become aware of the problem; did your client receive a notice?

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

"I'm surprised there has been no global announcement about the error to advise preparers of this issue"

As a prior customer of Intuit you should remember they rarely do such things. Communication is not their strong point.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
TaxxLady
Level 2

Seven of my clients affected so far!  Lacerte has no answer!

0 Cheers
LouScafidi
Level 2

It is a total disgrace that they did not send out a notice.  They should be ashamed.  If they had something to market they would surely have notified everyone of us.  What do I know I have only been using Lacerte for 29 years

ninety8
Level 1

class action lawsuit!!!

TaxxLady
Level 2

Same here!  Over 30 years with Lacerte and only had one terrible year where they outsourced their support staff overseas.  It was impossible.  Their communication skills are nonexistent.  Their support staff do not have the resources necessary to answer questions and every question seems to need to be referred to a "higher source".  When this began, I was told on two different occasions that there is no problem and if so, it was probably my doing.  They were also not able to track what went wrong!!

This is no discount software and this is unforgivable.!!

ninety8
Level 1

This will cause a major problem with NYC returns rolled over into lacerate for 2022. Every single return will be rolled over incorrectly 

0 Cheers