Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E file rejected. Would the direct debit of California due be paid as scheduled?

AS73
Level 1

I have an individual return rejected due to missing IP PIN. Because the client cannot locate IP PIN, I'm going to paper file the return. However, I have checked Direct Debit of CA balance due on 4/18/22. would it be paid as scheduled?

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Karl
Level 8
Level 8

Correct

*If this (or another answer/reply) solves your problem, please click "Accept as Solution" to get this post out of the "Unanswered" queue of posts.*

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
Karl
Level 8
Level 8

Likely not, but your efile logs should tell you if California accepted or rejected.  Granted, we're having delays with California acknowledgements in the last couple days, so a rejection may take awhile.  But usually if IRS rejects, the states reject.

I would efile an IRS extension with any necessary payment auto-debited, you don't need an IP PIN to efile extensions.  Take care of CA when it (likely) rejects.

Also, sometimes the client can get it pretty quickly via https://www.irs.gov/identity-theft-fraud-scams/retrieve-your-ip-pin

*If this (or another answer/reply) solves your problem, please click "Accept as Solution" to get this post out of the "Unanswered" queue of posts.*
AS73
Level 1

CA was also rejected. Then, CA tax due will not be auto debited?

0 Cheers
Karl
Level 8
Level 8

Correct