Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lacerte updates

SabriCia
Level 3

HELP!!! i'm new to Lacerte.  can someone tell me how to know when there's an update to install instead of me checking constantly?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

Way at the bottom of your screen, there are three little unlabeled boxes. The leftmost one will have a red dot when there's an update. You can also click on it, and it'll tell you whether there's an update. If you aren't getting the red dot there, go into Settings, Options, Setup and the 3rd item down is Lacerte Update Notification; make sure that says Enabled.

Screenshot 2021-04-27 143008.png

The "check for update," when enabled, is done when Lacerte communicates with the Intuit server for something like e-filing. I generally manually check for updates every Thursday in the slow season. This year has been particularly bad for updates, with multiple a week, so if it's been a couple of days and I haven't e-filed a return, I'll sometimes randomly check.

SabriCia
Level 3

thank you.

0 Cheers