Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excess Advance Premium Tax Credit Repayment

Snnydy
Level 1

Checking the Box labeled American Rescue Plan Provisions did not allow the 8962 form to not be attached to the return and client still owes $. Client is not self-employed, has 0 dependents and checking yes that they qualify for PTC yields 0 results. Any suggestions?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

You are saying that Lacerte is showing the repayment on Line 2 of Schedule 2?

Have you double checked that you have updated the software?

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
IRonMaN
Level 15

There was a little tax law passed earlier this year that killed having to do that payback thing.  If a payback is indicated, the form is now just omitted from the filing package and life is good - the client gets a break.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Snnydy
Level 1

I get it that they don't have to pay the Excess Credits but I'm fighting Lacerte on how to get rid of the form.  Went through all their solutions but bottom line is the client has 3 options, pay it and get a refund, paper file and not pay it or wait until Lacerte provides me with the input to force the American Rescue Plan box to actually delete the form and not include the amount on Schedule 2.  

Any suggestions?

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

You are saying that Lacerte is showing the repayment on Line 2 of Schedule 2?

Have you double checked that you have updated the software?

Snnydy
Level 1

Updated the software and it went away!  Thank you very much!

0 Cheers