Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I updated my Lacerte software this evening. Now I cannot get the program to move from one entry line to the next using the enter key. Is there a setting for this?

RobCat57
Level 1

0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
IRonMaN
Level 15

Rebooting your computer didn't help?

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

If the reboot doesn't work, plug in a different keyboard.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

I updated Lacerte this morning.  After the update, Screen  46 Election, the  windows for "Other Election" and the window for the Safe harbor (bottom under "Misc Election") can no longer be opened.  When I try to open the windows, or type, Lacerte would freeze, until i hit "Esc".

Rebooting, or changing keyboard, didn't help.

Any Lacerte users have the same problem?

I come here for kudos and IRonMaN's jokes.
0 Cheers
joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

@IntuitGabiU

Any help you can provide?

0 Cheers
IntuitGabi

We'll look into it, thanks @joshuabarksatlcs 

0 Cheers
IntuitGabi

@RobCat57 Are you able to use the Enter key in other programs? We're unable to replicate. Please try to reboot and report back. 

@joshuabarksatlcs This might be due to the position of the display. If you have tool hub: Lacerte program or a Lacerte pop-up window opens off screen

0 Cheers
joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

Yep.  Lacerte Tool Hub fixed my issue.  

Perhaps it's the solution for @RobCat57 ??

DatabaseRobert
Level 4

Some times when I have narrowed it down to specific input sheets or sections, I try switching into (Ctrl+W) Batch mode, going to that section, typing in the code# of the field I want to be on, and then switching (Ctrl+W) *BACK* to Interactive mode.  The cursor should be on that code.
  If I can then operate as normal, then it is something specifically to do with Lacerte getting TO that area, but the input itself is fine.
  If the Ctrl+W back to Interactive fails/hangs your program, then something about that area in particular is out of whack.

Robert