Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data discrepency among different workstations???

eric1032
Level 3

Got a very strange and scary issue:  CA fiduciary return form 541 for 2022.

We have one central server and 7 workstations.    My staff finished the said return.   I reviewed and made couple changes, specifically on CA PTE tax.     The changes I made only reflected on my workstation, the other workstations and server do not reflect this change.    My file directory is the network drive.    If I delete a number in this client file, the other workstations see the same but are not calculating the same way.     

Called Lacerte and they said perhaps workstations are not updated.   I know we did but waited till after hours and updated all workstations.   Still the same.   My workstation calculate the result differently than the other workstations.    I will call Lacerte again tomorrow.

Any ideas?

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
eric1032
Level 3

you are a genius.   I checked and it's the tax return option that was different between my and rest of my staffs'.     I happened to be on the call with Lacerte and they were taking forever to diagnose.   While waiting, I came back to this forum and followed your advice.   You are better than Lacerte support, lol.

Thx alot.

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
IntuitAlicia
Employee
Employee

@eric1032 What you've described sounds more like an options difference between your machines.  

I would recommend comparing your options with another user in the Fiduciary module.  Depending on the calculations that are showing differently, there are a few sections that might make more sense to review. Either way, start with the Federal Tax Options, then check your state options (i.e. California Nonres Bene Options).

You can access the options through the Settings dropdown menu, by selecting Options and viewing the Tax Return tab.

eric1032
Level 3

you are a genius.   I checked and it's the tax return option that was different between my and rest of my staffs'.     I happened to be on the call with Lacerte and they were taking forever to diagnose.   While waiting, I came back to this forum and followed your advice.   You are better than Lacerte support, lol.

Thx alot.

DatabaseRobert
Level 4

We ran into something similar-but-different between the printed return generated by our Assembly desk for the owner to sign, and the return that said Owner was seeing on-screen when looking in Lacerte.
  Turns out that the Assembly desk had exited/re-run Lacerte and gotten a newer version update installed, while the Owner was still on the previous (UN-updated) version.

This has turned into less of an issue for us now that we are on RightNetworks (since they handle all updates behind the scenes for us), but it is still something for you to be aware of if you still handle your own updates manually.

Robert