Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fix "Error occurred with background processing of EF Transmission"

YudaMan
Level 2

When I submitted a return for efiling via the Start e-file return wizard, I received an error message.  After that, I continued to get the message "Error occured with background processing of EF Transmission" error message popup.  The submitted return was accepted with no problem, but I still continue to get that error message popup.  How do I fix this?  I saw in a post from a couple of years ago that I should go to the Options folder and rename the EF folder EFold.  I did that and the same error kept happening.  

Thanks for your help!

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15
0 Cheers
11 Comments 11
AndresVTB
Level 4

Same error here.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
0 Cheers
WL
Level 2

Tried the rename folder as suggested in the OPTION 21\EF, but error message continues to show up.

0 Cheers
YudaMan
Level 2

I tried the same solution last night and it didn't work for me either.  This morning I did it, then restarted my computer and so far it is working.  Good luck!!

YudaMan
Level 2

Thank you very much.  At first this didn't work for me, but then I tried it again, and after renaming the folder I restarted my computer before opening up Lacerte and everything seems to be fine now.  Thanks again.

0 Cheers
kc6078
Level 1

This solution worked but the error appeared again after another e-file was transmitted. Has this happen to anyone else? Any ideas how to fix it permanently? Thanks!

0 Cheers
YudaMan
Level 2

Yes, it happened to me today.  It worked for around 10 days, then today the same error occured.  There was an update today so I don't know if that had anything to do with the problem.  I also tried the same fix today and as soon as I submitted a return or checked for acknowledgements I got the same popup.  This is super annoying already.

0 Cheers
WMC
Level 1
0 Cheers
kc6078
Level 1

Thanks WMC!

0 Cheers
YudaMan
Level 2

I clicked on the link but the link didn't work... that said "an invalid parameter has been specified in the url".

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

@WMC didn't hit the enter key at the end and unfortunately the link did not include the crucial last digit. 

Here it is https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-tax-discussions/discussion/efile-error/00/146895

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers