Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm getting this error: "Error occurred with background processing of EF Transmissions". Any ideas??

RonS
Level 2

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Henry Redding
Level 1

We were receiving the same error when opening Lacerte or doing anything that triggered communication with Lacerte.  There were no returns stuck in the queue, but we were not receiving any efile updates. 

I renamed the  ...\19TAX\OPTION19\EF to \LACERTE\19TAX\OPTION19\EFold (according to the instructions noted earlier) and the error stopped popping up and we suddenly received a wave of efile updates, so it appears to be fixed.

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
George4Tacks
Level 15
0 Cheers
riven
Level 1

I am having the same problem since Friday, March 13.  When we send an e-file return, it status goes to "received at Lacerte" and does not progress from there.  When we check for status updates, that stupid message comes up and you get no updates.  I called tech support, and they did not know how to fix it and the guy I was talking to was not really helpful.  He was just guessing at solutions.

0 Cheers
Henry Redding
Level 1

We were receiving the same error when opening Lacerte or doing anything that triggered communication with Lacerte.  There were no returns stuck in the queue, but we were not receiving any efile updates. 

I renamed the  ...\19TAX\OPTION19\EF to \LACERTE\19TAX\OPTION19\EFold (according to the instructions noted earlier) and the error stopped popping up and we suddenly received a wave of efile updates, so it appears to be fixed.

RonS
Level 2

Thanks very much.  I was on hold with Lacerte today waiting for them to try to figure out a fix, and saw the message.  Tried it and it worked!  I changed the 19Tax\Option19\EF Folder name to "EFOLD", went back to Lacerte and was able to download the various e-file reports.

I appreciate the help.

0 Cheers