Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Efile error

was
Level 1

While retrieving e-file statuses getting the following message:

Error occurred with the background processing of EF Transmissions

How do you clear this message

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TylorValdez1
Employee
Employee

In Lacerte go to Help>Troubleshoot.

Write down the option path.

Close Lacerte.

Navigate to the option path.

Rename the EF folder there.

Reopen Lacerte and try to get acks.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
10 Comments 10
TylorValdez1
Employee
Employee

In Lacerte go to Help>Troubleshoot.

Write down the option path.

Close Lacerte.

Navigate to the option path.

Rename the EF folder there.

Reopen Lacerte and try to get acks.

0 Cheers

What do we rename the EF folder to once we have navigated to the option folder?

0 Cheers
joel727
Level 2

I tried it three times and it works for a while and the message returns

Kappy
Level 2

Same problem in the 2021 tax program.

I have repeated this "solution" 4 times already.

Each time, I can open the program and retrieve acks, but then the error message appears again.

Lather, rinse, repeat - I now how EF - Old, EF - Old (2),  EF - Old (3), and  EF - Old (4).

Surely, Lacerte can fix this already?????

mhmcpa
Level 1

Just spoke w/ Lacerte technical.  Rep had me rename not the EF folder under 21TAX\OPTION21 but the subfolder Msgs (21TAX\OPTION21\EF\Msgs).  Renamed it MsgsOLD, closed the 21 Lacerte program, reopened it and all is working well for now 🤞 

Kappy
Level 2

Thanks!

I have done the same, and so far, so good.

YudaMan
Level 2

Thanks so much.  I did that and so far so good.  I was on the phone for almost an hour with Lacerte Technical this morning and the guy kept telling me to rename the EF file, which worked as long as I did not try to retrieve my acknowledgements, then wouldn't work again.  So I am hopeful that your solution sticks and greatly appreciate your post!  Thanks again.

0 Cheers
mgdtax
Level 3

I am getting this error message yesterday and today after the latest Lacerte update.  I have found this thread, and renamed both the EF and the msg folders, rebooted, but still get the same error, and cannot use the program at all.

Any idea what happened in this last update?  Anyone else have this issue?

Thank you

0 Cheers
mgdtax
Level 3

Called Lacerte tech support and got it fixed!  In case anyone needs the info, the support guy had me to an install from the Lacerte Tool Hub by going to 'Install' and then 'WebSetup /force' option.

fouber
Level 1

Deleting the Msgs folder fixes the error immediately, but it always returns. What causes this?  Even if the Msgs folder is empty, deleting it fixes the issue so it must be something to do with permissions or...timestamp?  Can Intuit get to the bottom of this?  It's been going on for several tax seasons now.

0 Cheers