Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 7203

CraigMCPA
Level 1

Has there been any update on when Form 7203 will be available as part of the S-Corp Program?  I don't see it listed in the Forms column.  I was expecting to see it in Draft form at least.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

7203 is filed by Shareholders.  So it will be part of the 1040.

View solution in original post

8 Comments 8
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

7203 is filed by Shareholders.  So it will be part of the 1040.

grahamandassoc
Level 2

When will it be released for 1040's we really need this form so we can process our returns 

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

@grahamandassoc 

Did you see this thread:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-tax-news-updates/discussion/form-7203-s-corporation-...

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
pmr
Level 2

The draft of Form 7203 has been around since 2021, the IRS released the approved version in January 2022, and all the information is basically the same as what has already been calculated by Lacerte for nearly a decade--so what is the hold up!?!?!? The other tax software providers, such as UltraTax, had it at least two weeks ago!!!!

Do better Lacerte...DO BETTER.

grahamandassoc
Level 2

Thank you ! So it will be ready a couple weeks before ALL our returns are due. This software has been HORRIBLE this year! 

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

It's not the end of the world.  Prepare it manually and attach it as a pdf.  The form doesn't require a degree in rocket science to prepare.

Slava Ukraini!
pmr
Level 2

That's true enough, but it does apparently need a degree in rocket science to put the form in Lacerte! 🤣

stevied
Level 2

I'M with you ironman !

wah...wah....lol

0 Cheers