Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export from Lacerte

scoleman43
Level 2

I am trying to export Cooperate Client information to a CSV file. I need the information in Primary Contact field but I don't see it as an available option. I see the phone number and email but no primary contact name. Where can I find the Primary Contact information when exporting to a CSV?

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
George4Tacks
Level 15

In Screen 1, right above your firm number is "Custom Filter." Put anything you want in that and it can be put in your export. I your case, use it for Responsible Party.

Long ago, it was something specific and useful, like Promise Date, but then the "improved" the program and it's functionality went away (sort of.)

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
scoleman43
Level 2

Thanks for the reply. Can you post a screen shot of where to find the "Custom Filter" field in Lacerte. I looked everywhere but can't find it. I know how to create a custom filter, but I don't see a custom filter field.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Screen1.jpg

sort custom.jpg

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
scoleman43
Level 2

Thank you again for sending for the information. The Custom Filter field is an option, but I would have to manually re-enter the primary contact information for over 1000 clients which defeats the purpose of already having the data in the export. It makes no sense that every field under the "Name and Number" section for Corporate accounts is available to export except for "Primary Contact".