Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't export client from Lacerte 2022 into DMS

cookcpa
Level 1

When attempting to export a new client from Lacerte 2022 to the most recent version of DMS the following error occurs across all machines: "Unable to launch the Lacerte 2022 tax import. Another instance of DMS may be importing clients from Lacerte 2022 Tax Import at this time, or the Lacerte 2022 Tax Import may not be properly installed. Verify no other instances of DMS are running the Lacerte 2022 Tax Import and try again."

Please advise.

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

CTRL + ALT + DEL to start Task Manager and see if there are other instances of the program running.

If all else fails, RESTART and try again.

I just used DMS to import from 2022 Lacerte

In DMS, Use Help > About DMS to confirm you are version 22.1.0 If not 22, then go to "My Account" and download the latest DMS. When the new year comes, update doesn't do it, you must download and install the new program. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
cookcpa
Level 1

Both software's are fully updated on all machines and yet the issue persists.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

CTRL + ALT + DEL to start Task Manager and see if there are other instances of the program running.

If all else fails, RESTART and try again.

I just used DMS to import from 2022 Lacerte

In DMS, Use Help > About DMS to confirm you are version 22.1.0 If not 22, then go to "My Account" and download the latest DMS. When the new year comes, update doesn't do it, you must download and install the new program. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns