Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR CODE 41838 - Anyone having an issue like I am with filing estimated tax vouchers for CT ?

Keith A CPA
Level 2

I have all the information correct for the telephone number but i keep getting the same error code # 41838 and cant file the estimates ???   Help please 

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
IntuitRebecca

Hi there,

It sounds like you might have your user options set to suppress printing the daytime phone number, which can cause this diagnostic, as it also suppresses the phone # from being included in the e-file.

On Screen 3, under the "Miscellaneous" heading, look for the input labeled Daytime phone: 1=print, 2=print (suppress when optional), 3=suppress [O] 

Try entering a 1 or 2 in that field and seeing if the diagnostic is cleared. If so, you may want to change the setting in your user options for all clients (as this may come up for others who pay CT estimates).

- Rebecca

View solution in original post

7 Comments 7
Karl
Level 8
Level 8

Do you have the right phone # type selected on Screen 1?  I.e. did you input a mobile number, but the drop-down is "work"?  Change the drop-down to match the field you filled in and it should work.

*If this (or another answer/reply) solves your problem, please click "Accept as Solution" to get this post out of the "Unanswered" queue of posts.*
mattheidaricpa
Level 2

sometimes the 1 at the beginning is not needed. I don't remember the error number that I had but as soon as I removed the country code for USA which is 1, the diagnostic went away.

IntuitBrittneyS
Intuit Alumni

Hey, @Keith A CPA , have you looked into this diagnostic? https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-diagnostics/41838/ta-p/99370
I hope this helps.

0 Cheers
Keith A CPA
Level 2

I have tried everything here short of getting on the help line and waiting ...... 

It may be just a CT State thing ? 

0 Cheers
IntuitRebecca

Hi there,

It sounds like you might have your user options set to suppress printing the daytime phone number, which can cause this diagnostic, as it also suppresses the phone # from being included in the e-file.

On Screen 3, under the "Miscellaneous" heading, look for the input labeled Daytime phone: 1=print, 2=print (suppress when optional), 3=suppress [O] 

Try entering a 1 or 2 in that field and seeing if the diagnostic is cleared. If so, you may want to change the setting in your user options for all clients (as this may come up for others who pay CT estimates).

- Rebecca

Keith A CPA
Level 2

Thanks So Much !!

That did the trick - I hope this becomes part of the Lacerte diagnostic so that others do not have to experience this in the future.

IntuitRebecca

I'm glad you were able to send the estimates! I have updated the diagnostic center to include these steps as well. I'll pass along your feedback to the team to see if we can improve the messaging on the diagnostic in the program, too.

- Rebecca

0 Cheers