Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maine and Mass extension e-files are being rejected as past the extension date?

jimskime
Level 3

Lacerte has said on their website that we can e-file extensions up through the 19th for Maine and Mass taxpayers. Now t5hey are being rejected and Support has no answers other than paper file. What about all the automatic withdrawals that were set up. In my 30 years with Lacerte I've not seen anything this egregious!

0 Cheers
10 Comments 10
kwcpa
Level 2

In Mass we have always had a different due date - what is going on.... this needs to be fixed !!!!

0 Cheers
IntuitGabi

We'll update this message when we have more information: Transmission Failure When e-Filing Massachusetts and Maine Extensions

0 Cheers
kwcpa
Level 2

Does this mean you are fixing it??  

0 Cheers
jimskime
Level 3

They've told us to send paper extensions- this is unacceptable as we have many scheduled for automatic withdrawals. I'm going to call 50 clients and tell them to bring checks? How about the ones who are travelling. C'mon Lacerte-fix this NOW.

0 Cheers
spirinet
Level 1

I just tried extensions again (10:50AM EST).  The MA extensions went through, HOWEVER, Federal is STILL being rejected.  As MA residents taxpayers have until today for BOTH Fed & State!  Please advise if this is also being corrected.

Scott

0 Cheers
spirinet
Level 1

I just tried extensions again (10:50AM EST).  The MA extensions went through, HOWEVER, Federal is STILL being rejected.  As MA residents taxpayers have until today for BOTH Fed & State!  Please advise if this is also being corrected.

Scott

0 Cheers
jimskime
Level 3

NOT fixed! Federal rejected two minutes ago.

0 Cheers
kwcpa
Level 2

Just did Fed and Mass Ext - DID NO REJECT - "being sent to IRS"

0 Cheers
jimskime
Level 3

Yes, they are sent to IRS and then rejected

0 Cheers
kwcpa
Level 2

US EXT - ACCEPTED